New Gnr - 08.17.02 - Summer Sonic Festival, Marine Stadium



Lista de Temas:

Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Think About You, You Could Be Mine, Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Out Ta Get Me, Guitar Solo [Buckethead], Rhiad And The Bedouins, Madagascar, Piano Solo, November Rain, The Blues, Acoustic Guitar Solo [Buckethead], Patience, Rocket Queen, Guitar Solo [Robin], Chinese Democracy, Nightrain.

encore: Paradise City

Notes:

GN'R played for about 2 hours, hitting the stage around 7:40 p.m. and ending around 9:40 p.m. Unusually, the Exorcist intro isn’t played before the show. At the beginning of ‘Welcome To The Jungle,’ Axl screams, “TOKYO!!!” as Robin starts playing. After ‘Live And Let Die,’ Axl, annoyingly says to his sound man, “If you’ve got a compressor or an EQ or a filter or anything on this, take it off.” He then talks to crowd – “Did you have a good day? It’s very nice to see you again. I wanna thank everyone for coming tonight… and, uh, it’s so awesome to be playing with Weezer! It’s fuckin’ cool! If you woulda told me we were gonna do a show or I could ever make that happen based on the way the last fucking 8 years have been, I wouldn’t believe it!” The band then jumps the gun and starts playing ‘Oh My God’ for a few seconds before eventually playing ‘Think About You.’ After ‘Madagascar,’ Axl sarcastically jokes, “I think I need my… my little friend. Can I get a piano? Did you think we… we were ever gonna come back over here? I’m talking to all of you here tonight. Did you think I’d ever get my ass back over here to Japan? I wanted to come back over to Japan. What do ya think of these band… this band? These motherfuckers worked pretty hard, huh? Think so? Don’t know?” To introduce ‘The Blues,’ Axl says, “OK, now Mr. Dizzy Reed and I are gonna trade places here. This is a song that, uh, this is a song that the working title is called ‘The Blues.’” After ‘The Blues,’ Axl again jokes, “Are we gonna do that? Are ‘choo gonna do that? Are ‘choo gonna play that thing over there? Hey answer me, haha! Hey, hey, hey! Cool. Ladies and gentlemen, once again, Mr. Buckethead!” Right after he does what seems like a very funny Eric Cartman [from South Park] impression. During ‘Patience,’ Axl screams, “You got me trapped here!” After the song he explains, “I’d like to run around a little more but I’m a little bit boxed in! Towards the end of ‘Rocket Queen,’ Axl again screams, “You know what I like!” At the end of ‘Nightrain,’ Axl does a roll-call and introduces each member of the band – “Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Buckethead!, Mr. Dizzy Reed, Mr. Brain Mantia, Mr. Chris Pitman, Mr. Robin Finck, now wait Richard Fortus and somewhere there’s a Mr. Tommy Stinson, thank you, good night!” Before ‘Paradise City,’ Axl addresses the crowd, “I’d like to thank you… I’d like to thank you for having us tonight. I apologize for taking so long to get back here. I know 1 word – domo! [which is the equivalent of ‘thanks’ in English]” At the end of ‘Paradise City,’ Axl yells, “Tokyo, I just wanna say, you… know how to rock! Thank you!!”

Descargas

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...